Are you a Pakistani citizen living in the UAE and in need of renewing your passport? This article is your comprehensive guide to Pakistani passport renewal in UAE. We’ll walk you through the step-by-step process, from the online application to document submission, Renewal Fee and payment method.
Whether you need partial modifications or a completely new passport, we’ve got you covered. With our guide, you’ll have all the information you need to successfully renew your Pakistani passport in the UAE.
Pakistani Passport Renewal Application Process From UAE
To begin the Passport Application Process, you’ll typically need to apply online or visit the Regional Passport Office or Pakistan Mission Abroad In UAE. If you choose to apply online, you’ll need to provide the original Bank Challan receipt or e-payment Confirmation Detail and payments are done by debit/credit card with ease.
It’s important to note that endorsements in parent’s passports aren’t allowed. You’ll need to produce your original CNIC/Smart-Card/NICOP or CRC/B-Form for verification. Biometric capture is a mandatory step, where your thumb and finger impressions will be captured to ensure accurate identification and security.
Documents required for Pakistani Passport renewal (MRP):
- Colour-scanned copies of valid CNIC or NICOP or Smart CNIC or NICOP (both sides).
- Colour scanned copies of existing Passport (First two pages and one random page requested by the system).
- Colour scanned copy of Valid Visa/ Aqama/ Residence Permit/ Asylum card/ Other Nationality Passport.
Documents required passports to minors (below 18 years):
- Colour scanned copies of valid NICOP or Smart card (both sides) or Computerized B-Form or Family Registration Certificate.
- Color-scanned copies of the mother and father’s valid National ID Cards (both sides).
- Guardianship certificate/court decision in case of separation.
- Colour scanned copy of the minor’s attestation form (available in the download tab).
- Colour scanned copy of the Death Certificate if the mother or father has passed away.
- Colour scanned copy of Valid Visa/Aqama/Residence Permit/Asylum card/Other Nationality Passport.
Step 1: Online Application Process:
- Create a login during the “online application” process.
- Verify user credentials and establish a login account.
- Once logged in, applicants can proceed with their passport applications.
- The option to save the application at any stage is available.
- The application operates in a wizard-type format.
- Applicants will be prompted to provide details, including demographic and biometric data, along with supporting documents.
Step 2: Renewal Fee Payment:
- Payment can be made using a credit card or debit card.
- After completing and reviewing all application requirements, proceed to make the necessary payment for the passport.
- Once the fee payment is successful, the application will be submitted for onward processing.
Step 3: Verification of Documents:
- All submitted applications undergo review at DGIP Headquarters.
- The decision is based on the provided documents.
- The passport officer may approve the application for onward processing or mark it for further verification at the nearest Mission/RPO.
- Once all codal formalities are complete, the application will be approved for passport printing/dispatch to the applicant.
Step 4: Application Status Intimation:
- Applicants will receive updates on the current status of their passport applications via their registered email addresses.
Note: The online passport renewal service is accessible to both Pakistani residents within the country and overseas Pakistanis.
Pakistani Passport Renewal Application Fee
The question arises how much fee for Pakistani passport renewal in UAE?
Here’s an Overseas Passport Application Fee table:
Pakistani passport renewal fee in UAE for 5 years
|Total (excl. taxes)
Pakistani passport renewal fee in UAE for 10 years
|Total (excl. taxes)
Delivery Location and Charges:
|Abroad (Subject to Country of Delivery)
|Varies by Country
|Passport Office (including Foreign missions)
|Free of Cost
Note: Delivery charges for the “Abroad” category vary based on the country of delivery.
Please note: Taxes are applicable and not included in the “Total (excl. taxes)” column.
Related: “MOHRE Complaint Number“| “Dubai Police Case Check“| “UAE Postal Codes“| “Emirates ID Typing Centers“
Pakistani Passport Renewal Application Process Steps with pictures:
Renewal By Visiting One Window Facilitation Desk
You will frequently find a One Window facilitation desk available at certain Regional Passport Offices in the Pakistani Passport Renewal process in UAE. This desk is designed to streamline and simplify the renewal process by providing a single point of contact for applicants. At the One Window facilitation desk, you will be guided through the entire process flow and your requisite documents will be checked.
Once verified, a token will be issued to you, and you will proceed to the biometric counter to have your fingerprints captured. After that, you will move to the data entry counters, where an official will enter your required data while you verify it on the screen. Finally, you will sign and verify the data entry form before submitting your application. The One Window facilitation desk ensures a smooth and efficient renewal process for Pakistani passport holders in the UAE.
|Applicants are guided through the renewal process flow.
|Helps applicants understand the requirements and steps involved.
|Requisite documents are checked at the facilitation desk.
|Ensures that all necessary documents are in order before proceeding.
|A token is issued to each applicant after verification.
|Helps maintain order and manage the flow of applicants.
|Fingerprints are captured at the biometric counter.
|Ensures accurate identification and enhances security.
At the biometric counter, your fingerprints will be captured as part of the Pakistani passport renewal process in UAE. This step is mandatory and ensures accurate identification and security.
Here are five important things to know about biometric capture:
- Biometric data includes the impressions of your right thumb, right index finger, left thumb, and left index finger.
- The captured biometric data will be linked to your passport application.
- This step helps verify your identity and prevent fraudulent activities.
- Make sure to approach the biometric counter after verifying the details on your token for accuracy.
- Providing a valid mobile number and email ID is essential for receiving passport status updates.
Passport Status Intimation
How can you receive updates about the status of your Pakistani valid passport renewal application in UAE?
- Stay updated on your passport application progress with the Passport Status Intimation service.
- Provide a valid mobile number or email ID during the application process.
- Updates will be sent through SMS or email from the number 9988, compatible with Android devices.
- This service ensures timely notifications about the status of your passport renewal.
- Timely updates empower you to track the application progress and plan accordingly.
- Utilize the Passport Status Intimation service for a hassle-free, connected, and well-informed experience.
DGI&P Help Line Pakistan
To further assist you with any inquiries or concerns regarding your Pakistani passport renewal application in UAE, the Directorate General of Immigration & Passports provides a dedicated helpline that’s available from Monday to Friday during the operating hours of 8:30 to 16:30. Here are five key points about the DGI&P Help Line:
- International callers can dial 0092-51-111-344-777.
- National callers can dial 051-111-344-777.
Consulate General of Pakistan, Dubai Contact
Address: 2 11th Street Khalid Bin Waleed Road Plot no. , Umm Hurair One – Dubai – UAE
Phone: +971 4 397 3600
Queries can also be sent via email to [email protected]
Whether you need clarification on the application process, information about required documents, or updates on the status of your passport renewal, the helpline is there to assist you.
Services Available Online
The Pakistani online passport “renewal application process” in the UAE has been made more convenient and accessible through the online portal. You can access a range of services online for Pakistani passport renewal in Dubai. These services include the renewal of your passport if it’s expiring within the next 12 months, as well as partial modifications for newly married female applicants. To initiate the renewal process, you’ll need to make an online payment.
Once your passport has been renewed, it will be delivered to you via DHL Courier Services. However, please note that applying for a new passport or making full modifications to an existing Machine Readable Passport (MRP) can’t be done online. You’ll need to visit the Pakistan Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate General in person for these services. Additionally, new passports or fully modified passports won’t be delivered via DHL Courier Services.
New Passport Services Not Available Online
To continue the discussion from the previous subtopic, if you need to apply for a new passport or make full modifications to an existing Machine Readable Passport (MRP), you’ll need to visit the Pakistan Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate General in person.
The following services aren’t available online service for Pakistani passport renewal in Dubai:
- Applying for a new passport requires visiting the Pakistan Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General.
- Full modifications to existing MRP require visiting the Pakistan Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General.
- An in-person visit is necessary for significant changes like name or personal details.
- No online payment option for new passports or full modifications.
- Renewed passport not delivered via DHL Courier Services.
Please note that for these services, it’s necessary to physically visit the relevant Pakistani authority. Online options are available only for passport renewal (if expiring within the next 12 months) and partial modifications for newly married female applicants.
How to Track Renewal Status in Dubai
Tracking the renewal status of your Pakistani passport in Dubai can be done by using the online tracking system provided by the Directorate General of Immigration & Passports. Here are five simple steps to track your renewal status:
- Visit the “official website” of the Directorate General of Immigration & Passports.
- Look for the ‘Passport Tracking’ section on the website.
- Enter your passport application number or tracking ID.
- Click on the ‘Track’ button to check the status of your passport renewal.
- The system will display the current status of your application, whether it’s in process, approved, or ready for collection.
For Contact, Kindly provide the following information while making any query specifically for matters related to ONLINE PASSPORT.
Email at [email protected] along with above mentioned required info.
- Complete Name
- Contact Number
- Online Tracking ID
- CNIC No.(Pakistanis) & Passport No.(Foreigners)
- Contact Address
Pakistani Passport Renewal Fee in UAE
Now let’s talk about the Pakistani passport renewal fee in UAE. The fee for renewing a Pakistani passport for 10 years is AED 263, while the fee for a 5-year renewal is AED 189.
These fees are subject to change, so it’s important to “check the official website Fee“ or contact the Pakistan Embassy/Consulate General for the most up-to-date information.
Pakistani passport renewal fee in UAE for 10 years
You can renew your Pakistani passport in the UAE by paying the renewal fee for a 10-year passport.
Here are five important things to know about the Pakistani passport renewal fee in UAE for 10 years:
- The current renewal fee for a 10-year Pakistani passport in UAE is AED 270.
- The fee can be paid online through the official website of the Directorate General of Immigration & Passports.
- Accepted payment methods include credit cards and online banking.
- The fee is non-refundable, even if the passport renewal application is rejected.
- Additional charges may apply for services like expedited processing or delivery via courier.
Pakistani passport renewal fee in UAE for 5 years
The fee for renewing a Pakistani passport in UAE for 5 years is AED 400. This fee covers the processing and issuance of the renewed passport.
Also Read: “Download Your Emirates ID“| “Check Labour Contract“| “ Check Absconded Status“| “Visa Free Countries for UAE Residents“| “Alef Login“
Passport Renewal FAQs
How much does it cost to renew a Pakistani passport?
The fee for renewing a Pakistani passport varies depending on the validity period and number of pages chosen. For a 5-year passport with 36 pages, the fee is PKR 4,500, while a 10-year passport with 72 pages costs PKR 8,250.
What is the fee for passport renewal in UAE?
The fee for renewing a Pakistani passport in UAE is typically around AED 350-450, depending on the processing timeframe chosen.
How can I renew my passport online in the UAE?
Visit the Online Renewal page of the passport on the official DGIP website for passport renewal and Follow the steps. Or visit the nearest Pakistani embassy or consulate in person to apply.
How Long Does the Passport Renewal Process Take in Dubai?
The passport renewal process in Dubai can take up to 16 minutes. After starting the application online, provide the necessary details, pay the fee, upload documents, capture fingerprints, review and submit the application. The renewed passport will be delivered via DHL Courier Services.
Is It Possible to Renew a Pakistani Passport Online in Dubai if There Are Significant Changes Like a Name Change?
Yes, you can renew your Pakistani passport online in Dubai if there are significant changes like a name change. However, for such changes, you will need to visit the Pakistan Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General in person.
What Is the Process for Applying for a New Passport in Dubai?
To apply for a new passport in Dubai, you need to visit the Pakistan Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General. An in-person visit is necessary for significant changes like a name change and there is no online payment option.
Can I Track the Status of My Passport Renewal Application in Dubai?
Yes, you can track the status of your passport renewal application in Dubai. The process involves starting the application on the official portal, providing personal details, and uploading supporting documents.
What Should I Do if There Is an Error in My Passport Renewal Application in Dubai?
If there is an error in your passport renewal application in Dubai, you should contact the Pakistan Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General and inform them about the mistake. They will guide you on the necessary steps to rectify the error.