Are you an expat or resident in the UAE? If so, you need to understand the Postal Codes in the United Arab Emirates for seamless mail delivery. We will guide you through everything you need to know about UAE postal codes and how they affect your daily life.
From the default code to the unique Makani Numbers in Dubai, we’ll explore the different systems used for mail sorting. Get ready to navigate the UAE’s postal system with ease.
Understanding UAE Postal Codes
If you’re an expat or resident in the UAE, understanding the postal codes is essential. Postal codes are a series of digits or letters used for sorting and collecting mail.
While the UAE is perceived to have no zip code, the UAE Default code is 00000. In Dubai, each building has a unique identifier called the Makani Number. This number directs accurate mail delivery to specific houses or buildings.
When it comes to the Dubai zip code, it can be written as 00000. To ensure smooth mail reception, the Dubai Central Post Office plays a crucial role in the postal system. Instead of traditional postal codes, P.O. Box numbers are used. Companies or individuals can obtain a P.O. Box for secure mail reception by applying online or filling out a form at the Dubai central post office. The registration fee for P.O. Box service is AED 70, with an annual cost of AED 300.
Makani Numbers As Postal Code UAE
Makani numbers are 10-digit numbers that uniquely identify the entrance of a building in the UAE. They are used by government agencies, delivery services, and other organizations to locate buildings and addresses accurately.
Here are Some examples of Makani Numbers in UAE:
- Dubai: 30032 95320 (Burj Khalifa)
- Ajman: 06032 95320 (Ajman Museum)
- Fujairah: 07032 95320 (Fujairah Fort)
- Ras Al Khaimah: 08032 95320 (Jais Mountain)
- Umm Al Quwain: 09032 95320 (Dreamland Aqua Park)
To find the Makani number of a building, you can use the Makani website or app. You can also find the Makani number on the building’s entrance sign or on the property deed.
Here are some examples of how Makani numbers are used:
- When you order a food delivery, the delivery driver will use your Makani number to find your address.
- When you apply for a government service, such as a driver’s license or a passport, you will need to provide your Makani number.
- When you register a new business in the UAE, you will need to provide the Makani number of your business premises.
Makani numbers are a convenient and efficient way to address buildings in the UAE. They help to ensure that buildings can be located accurately and easily, which is important for a variety of purposes.
Postal and Zip Codes for Businesses in the UAE
Now let’s delve into the topic of postal and zip codes for businesses in the UAE, building upon the information we’ve previously discussed.
Here are some important details to consider about Postal Codes UAE:
- The default zip and Postal code for any location in the UAE is 00000.
- Leaving the postal code section blank is acceptable for companies like Amazon or AliExpress.
- Use your UAE mobile number (starting with 05) as the postal code.
- Addresses must be included for postal delivery and other purposes.
- Always include the number for your area of origin for accurate delivery.
These guidelines ensure smooth mail delivery for businesses in the UAE.
Dubai Central Post Office
To access essential postal services in Dubai, head to the Dubai Central Post Office. Here’s what you need to know:
- The Dubai Central Post Office is crucial for the postal system in the region.
- Instead of traditional postcodes, P.O. Box numbers are used.
- Companies or individuals can obtain a P.O. Box for secure mail reception.
- The registration fee for P.O. Box service is AED 70, with an annual cost of AED 300.
- To obtain a P.O. Box, you can apply online via the official website of Emirates Post or fill out the prescribed form at the Dubai Central Post Office. Attach a copy of your passport and Emirates ID, and provide two passport-sized photos.
The Dubai Central Post Office is your gateway to efficient and secure mail delivery in Dubai. Don’t forget to get your P.O. Box for hassle-free postal services.
The UAE Emirates and Their POSTAL BOX Numbers
Discover the PO BOX numbers for each of the UAE Emirates. You also have the option to apply for personal or company postal codes through Emirates Post.
Abu Dhabi PO number
The PO BOX number is either 3838 or 111188.
Ajman Postal Code
Ajman’s PO BOX number is 6263.
Al Ain’s PO Number
Ail Ain’s PO BOX number is 88888.
Dubai PO BOX
In Bur Dubai, Dubai, the PO BOX number is 111311.
Deira Dubi PO BOX
In Deira, Dubai, the PO BOX number is 88878.
Fujairah PO BOX
Fujairah’s PO BOX number is 3999.
Ras Al Khaimah PO BOX
Ras Al Khaimah’s PO BOX number is 30999.
Sharjah PO BOX
Sharjah’s PO BOX number is 32223.
Umm Al Quwain PO BOX
Umm Al Quwain’s PO BOX number is 660.
These public P.O. Boxes can be used for mail delivery in the UAE. Make sure to follow the correct address format and include your name as it appears on your Emirates ID or any valid ID for collection purposes.
Obtaining a Postal Number in the UAE
To obtain a postal number in the UAE, visit the official website of Emirates Post or the Dubai Central Post Office and complete the prescribed form. This form will require you to provide your personal information, such as your name, address, and contact details. Additionally, you will need to attach a copy of your passport and Emirates ID, as well as provide two passport-sized photos.
Once you have submitted the form and the required documents, your application will be processed, and you will be issued a postal number. It is important to note that the process may take some time, so it is advisable to apply well in advance to ensure timely delivery of your mail.
|Steps to Obtain a Postal Number in the UAE|
|1. Visit the official website of Emirates Post or the Dubai Central Post Office.|
|2. Complete the prescribed form with your personal information.|
|3. Attach a copy of your passport and Emirates ID.|
|4. Provide two passport-sized photos.|
Benefits of Having a P.O. Box in the UAE
Having a P.O. Box in the UAE offers expats and residents numerous benefits. Here are some reasons why you should consider getting one:
- Privacy and Security: With a P.O. Box, you can ensure that your mail is kept confidential and protected from theft or loss.
- Convenience: Having a dedicated mailbox means you don’t have to worry about missed deliveries or waiting for the postman to arrive.
- Reliable Mail Delivery: P.O. Boxes are serviced regularly, so you can expect your mail to be delivered promptly and without any delays.
- Easy Mail Management: Organizing your mail becomes much simpler when it’s all directed to one central location.
- Access to Additional Services: Some P.O. Box providers offer services like mail forwarding or package handling, making it even more convenient for you.
Having a P.O. Box in the UAE not only ensures the safety and privacy of your mail but also offers added convenience and peace of mind.
How to Apply for a P.O. Box in the UAE
Are you interested in obtaining a P.O. Box in the UAE? Applying for a P.O. Box is a simple and straightforward process.
Obtaining a P.O. Box in Dubai Process, UAE:
You have two convenient options to apply for a P.O. Box in Dubai. You can either apply online through the official Emirates Post website or visit the Dubai Central Post Office in person to fill out the required form.
When applying for a P.O. Box, make sure to have the following documents ready:
- A copy of your passport.
- Your Emirates ID.
- Two passport-sized photos.
There is a registration fee of AED 70 to set up your P.O. Box service. Additionally, there is an annual cost of AED 300.
P.O. Box Number Assignment:
Once your application is processed, you will be assigned a unique P.O. Box number, allowing you to receive mail securely.
Receiving Mail Securely:
With your P.O. Box number, you can start receiving your mail securely at the designated P.O. Box.
Be sure to use the correct postal address format and include your name exactly as it appears on your Emirates ID or any valid ID for collection.
Following these steps, you can easily obtain a P.O. Box in Dubai, ensuring the safe and efficient reception of your mail.
Tips for Accurate Mail Delivery in the UAE
For accurate mail delivery in the UAE, ensure that you include the correct postal code with your address. Here are some tips to help you ensure accurate mail delivery:
- Double-check your address: Make sure you have the correct building number, street name, and area listed on your address.
- Include your P.O. Box number: If you have a P.O. Box, always include it in your address to ensure your mail reaches you without any issues.
- Use the correct format: Follow the recommended address format provided by Emirates Post to ensure your mail is processed efficiently.
- Include your full name: Make sure to include your full name as it appears on your Emirates ID or any valid ID to avoid any confusion during mail delivery.
- Keep your contact information up to date: Update your contact information, especially your mobile number, so that the postal service can contact you if needed.
Address Sample Format For UAE:
Here is the sample format postal address for Dubai, UAE:
[Recipient Name][Building Name or Number], [Street Name][Area], DubaiUNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Muhammad Waled 123 Main Street Al Barsha, Dubai UNITED ARAB EMIRATES GSM: +971 545415647
Here is another example of a postal address for a PO Box in Dubai:
[Recipient Name]P.O. Box [PO Box Number]DubaiUNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Waleed Wajid P.O. Box 456789 Dubai UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Mob: +971 545415647
Common Issues With UAE Postal Codes
Common problems arise with UAE postal codes. While the postal system in the UAE is generally efficient, there are a few issues that residents and expats may encounter. Here is a table summarizing them:
|Common Issues with UAE Postal Codes||Solution|
|Use of default zip code 00000||Double-check address details for accurate delivery|
|Lack of specific postal code for certain companies||Leave postal code section blank or use “N.A.”|
|Lack of specific postal codes for certain companies||Leave the postal code section blank or use “N.A.”|
How to Update Your Postal Information in the UAE
Updating Your Postal Information with Emirates Post:
Visit the Official Website:
- Start by going to the Emirates Post official website.
Navigate to Postal Services:
- Find the “Postal Services” section on the website.
Update Your Information:
- Look for the option to update your postal information and click on it.
Complete the Form:
- Fill out the required form with your updated details, which may include your new address, contact number, and any other relevant information.
- If needed, upload any necessary documents, such as a copy of your passport or Emirates ID, to verify your identity.
Submit and Wait:
- Submit the form, and then patiently wait for confirmation of the update from Emirates Post.
Updating your postal information is crucial to ensure that your mail is delivered accurately and efficiently. By following these steps, you can ensure that your postal information is up to date and that you receive your mail without any hassles.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the UAE postal code?
The UAE does not have a formal postal code system. However, if you are required to provide a postal code, you can use the default code 00000.
What is the zip code format in UAE?
There is no official zip code format in the UAE. However, if you are required to provide a zip code, you can use the default code 00000.
What is PO Box in Dubai?
A PO box, or post office box, is a private mailbox located at a post office. PO boxes are often used by businesses and individuals who receive a large volume of mail. To rent a PO box in Dubai, you can visit any Emirates Post office.
What is the zip code of Jebel Ali Dubai?
The zip code of Jebel Ali Dubai is 32011.
What is Dubai’s country code?
The Dubai country code is +971.
Is the PO Box the same as the postal code?
No, a PO box is not the same as a postal code. A PO box is a private mailbox located at a post office, while a postal code is a code used to sort and deliver mail to a specific location.
Can a zip code be 00000?
Yes, a zip code can be 00000. This is the default zip code for the UAE.
What is the postal code of Ajman Dubai?
The postal code of Ajman Dubai is 62600.
What is the pin code of Sharjah?
The pin code of Sharjah is 61100.
Are Postal Codes Required for All Addresses in the UAE, or Are They Only Necessary for Certain Areas or Buildings?
Postal codes are required for all addresses in the UAE, not just certain areas or buildings. They ensure accurate mail delivery. You can obtain a postal number online or at the Dubai Central post office.
Can Individuals Living in Apartments or Residential Complexes Obtain a P.O. Box for Mail Reception, or Is It Only Available to Companies?
Yes, individuals living in apartments or residential complexes can obtain a P.O. Box for mail reception in the UAE. It is not just available to companies.